07 August 2012

Grandpa



Thank you
                For my mother
                For your service
                For your hard work
                For being there
                For being fair
                For being the keystone and patriarch of our family
                For your generosity
                For sharing your experience, work, resources and time
                For being so responsible and holding us responsible
                For being forgiving, positive, and supportive
                For bringing me to interesting places
                For your personality – including all the characteristics and habits that I’ll always 
                        recognize as uniquely yours
                For showing your support for me – in baseball, in school, at my wedding
                For being such a sweet man, even after so much of your strength had been reduced
                For everything

You have been one of the most positive influences I ever hope to have in life.  Your creativity, hard work, loyalty, guidance, and caring will be my example for as long as I live.  I hope my life will be as long and meaningful as yours was, and that I learn to live it with as much passion and positive impact on others as you had.  And I know you wish that for me and for all of the family that remains and is to come.  You are my hero and, I expect, the greatest man I’ll ever know.



Thank you and I love you.




No comments:

Post a Comment