09 April 2012

Strong Spring Showing

I did manage to slap together a few autograph requests for Spring Training this year. They all went out in February and some have made it back to Indiana.  I was going to build a scorecard of my attempts, but since they're mostly pitchers that wouldn't translate. How about alphabetical order? Here's the haul so far:

Auto Attempts (10 letters+cards+return envelopes):

  • Bill Bray
    • Signed 1/1.
  • Jair Jurrjens
  • Clayton Kershaw
  • Mike Leake 
    • Signed 1/1, personalized it to me.
  • Sam LeCure
  • Nyjer Morgan
    • Signed 2/2, including a first for my collection (see below).
  • Logan Ondrusek 
    • Signed 1/1, strangely postmarked from Indianapolis.
  • Mariano Rivera
  • Buck Showalter 
    • Signed 1/1.
  • Rafael Soriano
    • Signed 1/1.

All new guys for my collection.  Only had Mike Leake previously, but never on a card before.
Let's take a closer look at that return from Nyjer Morgan...

Like Showalter in the first pic, sometimes guys have to sign over their faces just to make their autographs fit the card.  Never have I seen anyone go so clearly out of his way to sign over his face and only his face (above right).  T Plush has a sense of humor!  

No comments:

Post a Comment