10 January 2012

Impromptu Sightseeing

There are plenty of swirling ideas that aren't coming together enough for even a blog post at the moment.  The first week of school is a busy, busy time, and the possibility of it being the last first week of school I ever have gives me mixed feelings.

Anyway, we did knock out an expiring Groupon over some chili downtown tonight, and we used the extra hour left on the parking meter to walk off the dinner and explore areas of downtown that I'd never seen in great detail.  Hannah and I made a ton of great discoveries, but I'll let the burden of the blog post be carried by what was probably my favorite find.

I need to make it a point to explore downtown Indy on foot more often.  There were some pleasant surprises on a quick post-dinner stroll earlier tonight, including the former home of the Indiana State Museum on the northwest corner of Alabama and Ohio Streets.  Awesome eagle statues, lighting, architecture and doors.  I tried to get pictured with that last feature, but I think a return trip in the daylight will make that task more successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment