29 February 2012

Review by Haiku: Philomath Culture Edition for February 2012

I realized I kind of like carelessly writing Haikus, I'm faster at writing those than my traditional rambling blog posts, I like the vagueness of the messages I can convey, and it's the end of February.  What does this mean?  The stars have aligned for my first serial feature: Review by Haiku!  Inspired 1) by laziness and 2) by the Review by Haiku: Religious Theorists blog entry from early January.

Below you'll find 17-syllable highlights of some of the popular culture/sports spectacles I took in over the last month:

Films:

Night Nurse: Barb Stanwyck
cuddling Joan Blondell in skivvs -
needed censoring?!?

Drive on Blu-ray, yay
So he drives getaway, yawn
Z z Z z Z...

Bridesmaids not too bad
Worth dollar-and-a-quarter
space-age Redbox charged!

Oscars (Feb. 26):

What is Hugo and
why'd it win all those Oscars?
Destroyed my ballot!
Television:

Wow, Futurama
is better than I recalled,
no bad episodes?

Downton Abbey's too
British for my taste but then
again I still watch...

Mad Men back in March,
got caught up over winter,
could I steal cable?

Books:

Done, as you may know,
with L.A. Confidential,

NFL - Super Bowl Village:

Giant crowd, giant
letters, LMFAO?
What is it they sing?

NFL - Super Bowl (Feb. 5):

Nevermind the game,
Louie slept at Papa Johns!
Village hangover!

MLB - Spring Training:

Baseball's on its way,
Reds favored in the Central,
they'll underachieve...

NBA - Pacers vs. Jazz (Feb. 7):

Weird Utah jerseys
up in the Fieldhouse: Okur,
Hayward and HARPRING!

NBA - Slam Dunk Contest (Feb. 25):

Paul George got ripped off
despite the Bird sticker fail
Really, we all lost...

No comments:

Post a Comment